Engineering Project Manager
Lúnasa is a UK-based space-tech start-up building autonomous satellite navigation solutions to provide safe, sustainable, and affordable satellite operations for the in-space economy. The company has received multiple contracts from the UK Space Agency and the European Space Agency to build an AI-based satellite rendezvous proximity operations (RPO) technology and set to demonstrate the innovation in space by 2024. Lúnasa is also incubated in the European Space Agency and backed by world-class Deep-Tech investors.
Minimum of 3 years industry work experience required
This position is for a candidate who has the right to work in the UK.
Lúnasa is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to join our growing team. This key role will be at the heart of our space engineering projects, leading efforts to manage project scope, cost, and schedule. The candidate will work closely with our systems engineers to plan design, verification and operations activities. The successful candidate will also need to communicate well with all members of the team to keep each project they manage on track. The role involves future growth potentials in areas such as participation in key design trade studies, procurement planning, spacecraft operations and more.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Oversee and manage complex projects within the space industry from inception to completion
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineers, scientists, and other specialists
- develop detailed project plans, outlining stages, budgets, resources, and timelines
- Monitor project progression, ensuring milestones are achieved on time and within budget
- Communicate project updates and outcomes to senior management, stakeholders and the team
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to give presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven experience in managing projects with the space or a closely related industry
- Exceptional leadership and team management abilities
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Adaptability and resilience in high-pressure situations
- Should enjoy negotiating between different stakeholders to find the best balance for the team and the project.
What we provide