Engineering Project Manager (Full-time)
Lúnasa is a UK-based space-tech start-up with a mission to accelerate sustainable, reliable, and affordable in-space economy. The company is developing an innovative, dual-stage, and reusable in-space satellite servicing vehicle to provide very affordable access to space for SmallSats through rideshare and last-mile transportation, and ultimately life extension services in Earth orbits and beyond.
With a team of over 50 years of developing space technology experience, Lúnasa intends to de-risk its technology on-orbit by early 2024.
Location: Hybrid – Harwell Campus, Atlas Bldg., Didcot, and remote.
Minimum of 3 years industry work experience required.
Salary: £40,000 – £50,000 (depending on prior experience).
This position is for a candidate who has the right to work in the UK.
Lúnasa is looking for an Engineering Project Manager to join our growing team. This key role will be at the heart of our space engineering projects, leading efforts to manage project scope, cost, and schedule. The candidate will work closely with our systems engineers to plan design, verification and operations activities. The successful candidate will also need to communicate well with all members of the team to keep each project they manage on track. The role involves future growth potentials in areas such as participation in key design trade studies, procurement planning, spacecraft operations and more.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrate professional experience in supporting planning and managing scopes, schedules, and budgets on technical projects.
- Demonstrated skills in systems thinking, considering the near-term and long-term consequences of any project decision..
- A good understanding of technical project management, including close cooperation with both the engineering and commercial divisions.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including ability to give presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with systems engineering fundamentals such as engineering design documentation, technical requirements, verification plans and design trade-offs.
- Should be capable of working independently and in a team environment as part of a fast-paced and dynamic technical environment.
- Should enjoy solving complex project management problems through creative approaches to planning and resource management.
- Should enjoy negotiating between different stakeholders to find the best balance for the team and the project.
Education and work experience:
The ideal candidate must have a Master’s degree in either Engineering or Management with Project Management experience on at least one engineering project.
Candidate could also have certifications in project management (such as PMI) as well as a technical background in Engineering, Physics, Maths or related disciplines.