Lúnasa is a UK-based space-tech start-up building autonomous satellite navigation solutions to provide safe, sustainable, and affordable satellite operations for the in-space economy. The company has received multiple contracts from the UK Space Agency and the European Space Agency to build an AI-based satellite rendezvous proximity operations (RPO) technology and set to demonstrate the innovation in space by 2024. Lúnasa is also incubated in the European Space Agency and backed by world-class Deep-Tech investors.
Minimum of 3 years industry work experience required
This position is only for a candidate who has the right to work in the UK.
Lúnasa is seeking a Systems Engineer to join our growing team. The Systems Engineer will be part of the overall technical team responsible for the delivery of the satellite and mission. The candidate will fill a key position, shaping and designing the satellite and the mission, actively working in collaboration with other members of the technical team and report to the Chief Engineer.
The Systems Engineer will take responsibility not only in the design of the satellite but also all the interaction with the subcontractors during design, build, and test stages of the satellite.
- Lead the development and design of advanced space systems, ensuring they meet mission and operational requirements
- Define and manage system-level requirements, conducting feasibility studies and system trade-offs
- Guide the integration of subsystems, ensuring seamless interaction and functionality
- Conduct rigorous system-level testing and validation, ensuring reliability in space environments
- Engage in continuous system monitoring, troubleshooting, and performance optimisation post-launch
- At least 3 years of commercial satellite system engineering.
- Strong leadership and team collaboration skills
- An understanding of all critical subsystems that make up a satellite mission.
- Excellent technical communication and presentation skills (written/verbal).
- Proficiency in MATLAB/Simulink packages and the tools/software for systems engineering.
- Good understanding of AOCS and GNC subsystem.
- Should not yield under stress and should produce results during difficult situations.
- Should enjoy problem solving and product results within a given schedule and budget.
- Should be capable of working independently and in a team environment as part of a fast-paced and dynamic technical environment.
- Should be solution oriented and should display flexible attitude in the face of changing conditions.
Relevant degree in Space Engineering, Physics, Maths, or related disciplines.
What we provide