Software Engineer (Part-time/Full-time)
As a startup located in the UK, we are developing an innovative reusable orbital transfer vehicle that will benefit the space industry with affordable, reliable, sustainable, and frequent access to space. With Lúnasa’s patent-pending technologies, we aim to solve the critical challenges of in-space infrastructure.
Lúnasa’s team consist of passionate engineers with a background in space and aerospace engineering. A highly qualified team in the domains of space engineering, attitude and orbit control, propulsion engineering, along with a group of expert advisors from the industry, we aim to reinvent the in-space transportation system.
Lúnasa is seeking an ideal candidate as a software engineer to list requirements, develop applications, and plan testing procedures and protocols for the spacecraft subsystems and ground operations. The applicant should be able to work in a startup environment and willing to go an extra mile for solving critical challenges.
- Implementation, development, integration, validation, and test of software packages.
- Development of ground segment systems.
- Develop software applications for use of on-orbit operations
- Support on-orbit operations and flight anomaly resolution activities.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of programming languages Python/C/C++.
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Excellent technical communications skills (written/verbal)
- Familiar with Linux shell scripting.
- Manage technical tasks and project documentation against regular project deadlines.
Education and work experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline. A minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is also required.
This position is for a candidate who has the rights to work in the UK.