Propulsion Engineer (Part-time/Full-time)
As a startup located in the UK, we are developing an innovative reusable orbital transfer vehicle that will benefit the space industry with affordable, reliable, sustainable, and frequent access to space. With Lúnasa’s patent-pending technologies, we aim to solve the critical challenges of in-space infrastructure.
Lúnasa’s team consist of passionate engineers with a background in space and aerospace engineering. A highly qualified team in the domains of space engineering, attitude and orbit control, propulsion engineering, along with a group of expert advisors from the industry, we aim to reinvent the in-space transportation system.
Lúnasa has a position available for a Propulsion Engineer to join our team. The position requires a strong understanding and experience of electrical propulsion systems and spacecraft design. The ideal candidate will contribute to the definition and improvement of the propulsion system designs of spacecraft. The candidate must be comfortable with requirements definition, AIT activities, and executing tests for the system.
- Definition of the Propulsion system and subsystem requirements.
- Support and collaborate in the analyses for the propulsion subsystem.
- Support the satellite propulsion AIT plans and activities.
- Define and execute test plans, specifications, setup and procedures for the propulsion system.
- Participate in all hands-on work such as propulsion system assembly, component level functional testing, and system-level bench testing.
- Assist in the definition and documentation of assembly and manufacturing processes.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Analytical and modelling skills.
- Knowledge of propulsion subsystems for in-space applications.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to work in a start-up environment with tight schedules.
- Familiarity with ECSS standards
- Excellent technical communications skills (written/verbal)
Education and work experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or equivalent, plus 3 years of relevant work experience.
This position is for a candidate who has the rights to work in the UK