Spacecraft Systems Engineer (Part-time/Full-time)
As a startup located in the UK, we are developing an innovative reusable orbital transfer vehicle that will benefit the space industry with affordable, reliable, sustainable, and frequent access to space. With Lúnasa’s patent-pending technologies, we aim to solve the critical challenges of in-space infrastructure.
Lúnasa’s team consist of passionate engineers with a background in space and aerospace engineering. A highly qualified team in the domains of space engineering, attitude and orbit control, propulsion engineering, along with a group of expert advisors from the industry, we aim to reinvent the in-space transportation system.
As a Spacecraft Systems Engineer, you will contribute and be responsible for detailed system design, development, implementation, and testing of satellite hardware/software level, launch and on-orbit operations. The ideal applicant should be able to work in a startup environment and willing to go an extra mile for solving critical challenges.
- Identify and support system and subsystem level requirements for flight vehicle hardware/software.
- Experience in tradeoff and analysis between requirements and hardware selection for the flight vehicle.
- Maintain system budgets such as power, data, mass, propulsion, etc.
- Manage spacecraft harnessing and interface design.
- Support AIT planning and execution for flight spacecraft and subsystem.
- Improve risk mitigation strategies.
Key Skills and Experience:
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent technical communications skills (written/verbal)
- Experience managing technical teams
- Understanding of programming languages Python/C/C++.
- Understanding of spacecraft mechanical design and qualification principles.
- Familiarity with ECSS standards
Education and Work Experience:
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering plus 3 years of relevant work experience.
This position is for a candidate who has the rights to work in the UK